In 2011, the World Economic Forum (WEF), recognising the immense value and potential of youth to improve the state of the world, established the Global Shapers Community, a community of motivated youth under the age of 33 who are exceptional in their talent and their leadership potential. Global Shapers are also dedicated to improving the state of the world by achieving positive change in their local communities through local and global solutions.
The Kampala Hub, which is Uganda’s first chapter of the Global Shapers Community, is one such small group of youth from diverse backgrounds who strive to make a positive impact through projects and regular engagement with thought leaders. What are we looking for?
Potential Shapers must be:
- Young open-minded, extraordinary individuals with great potential for future leadership roles in society, and with verifiable achievements.
- Between 20 and 29 years old at the time of nomination.
- From all walks of life and share a spirit of entrepreneurship in the global public interest.
- Highly committed, with passion and dynamism, to developing their leadership potential towards serving society and building a more sustainable, peaceful and inclusive world.
- Adhering to the highest standards of moral and intellectual integrity.
- Possessing unique qualities that distinctly set them apart from the mainstream.
- Entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial track record, having already initiated and delivered a major project or founded a company or organisation or having been in an influential position as part of a larger organisation, exceptionally contributing to serving society at large.
- Currently residing in Kampala.
- Ready to deeply and actively engage in the Shapers community, reinforcing its mission and objectives and supporting fellow Shapers in their individual and professional development.
- Ready to regularly engage in the Hub’s physical and virtual activities throughout the year.
What we’re NOT looking for is individuals looking to embellish their CV’s, or aiming to use the Global Shapers Community brand or the World Economic Forum’s name for their own purposes.
Applicants from all sectors are encouraged to apply and encouraged to demonstrate the unique perspective, experiences, and skills that you would bring to the group.
Deadline 5th March 2019
Apply Now: https://bit.ly/2E5wX9m