- A big part of the unemployment situation in Uganda is as a result of the gap between the skills job seekers have and the skills employers are looking for to do a particular job, and knowledge about this deficiency.
- Skills gaps are deficiencies in performance caused by lack of skills for the workplace ie skills needed minus skills possessed equals skills gap.
- Carry out a skill gap analysis for the youth in Uganda.
- The test will be given to youth, ages 21 – 25 years old, living in Kampala, over a period of 1 year.
- Insights on the skills that the youth currently have.
- Insights on the skills that employers are looking for in employees.
- Insights on the which trainings an individual/organization should invest in.
- Identify most necessary yet least available skills relevant to select sectors.
- A skill gap analysis report that is used as a resource in the recruitment and promotion of employees.
- A guide for employees interested in career development.
- A guide for training institutions in developing curriculums.
- A guide for organizations seeking to design interventions to address youth skill gaps.